MEAT MARKET ACCESSIBILITY
Meat Market is committed to providing a welcoming, inclusive and accessible venue space for all events and visitors. Our services and facilities are designed to make your experience at Meat Market accessible, comfortable and enjoyable.
There are a number of event spaces at Meat Market; the Flat Floor Pavilion, Cobblestone Pavilion, Stables, Garden and Meeting Room. Several of these spaces have multiple access options, with entrance options selected at the discretion of event organisers.
To see the accessibility options for each space, please view our Mobility Map.
WHAT TO EXPECT
All of Meat Market’s venue spaces are accessible and D.D.A. compliant. While our spaces are D.D.A. compliant, areas with cobblestone floors can be slightly bumpy due to their uneven surface.
- Where there are non-accessible entries to any building or space, an alternative entry with wheelchair-friendly access is available.
- All spaces feature D.D.A. compliant bathrooms.
- We encourage all event organisers to provide non-gendered bathrooms for attendees, however this is at their own discretion.
- Service dogs are welcome in our venues.
- On-street disabled parking spaces are available surrounding our venue.
- Hearing loop facilities have been installed in our Flat Floor Pavilion to enhance sound quality and eliminate background noise for people who are hard of hearing. The use of this system is at the discretion of event organisers. We recommend requesting this service from event organisers directly should your hearing be impacted.
FIND OUT MORE
If you’re in need of further assistance or have any questions, please contact Meat Market’s team. We’re more than happy to help by providing personalised information regarding our spaces and accessibility.
Contact us here on call us on (03) 9329 9966.
MEAT MARKET SUSTAINABILITY
Meat Market is a City of Melbourne venue for hire, committed to the delivery of sustainable events. The diversity of events at Meat Market means that the way sustainability and waste is approached differs hugely. There are many ways to reduce the impact of your event on the planet and our community. Read our Sustainability Policy here.