Meat Market's Main Pavilion is a magnificent Melbourne venue steeped in history. The versatile Main Pavilion space can be divided into two separate hire zones via an operable wall or combined into a single large event space with a capacity for 850.
The Cobblestone side of the Pavilion features unique period details and is the perfect space for corporate functions, music, film and theatre productions. With a flexible floorplan the Cobblestone Pavilion, boasting a capacity of up 600, can be configured numerous ways and also features a commercial kitchen with bar service area.
The 11m x 9m 200mm high stage is positioned beneath a custom-made circus truss. As one of the few venues in Melbourne that can accommodate aerial performances, the Cobblestone Pavilion caters for productions that range from the intimate to the technically complex and large-scale.
Cobblestone Pavilion Features Include
- Good natural light
- Blackout blinds
- Circus truss
- 11m x 9m 200mm high stage under truss
- No pillars
- Bar service area
- Urn (no cutlery, crockery or linen available)
Facilities Available Upon Arrangement - May Incur Additional Charges
- Removal or reconfiguration of 11m x 9m 200mm high stage under truss (estimated cost $1700)
- Seating bank or rostra (estimated cost $1700)
- PA and lectern
- Audiovisual equipment including projector, microphones and lighting
- Individual chairs
- Round or trestle tables
- 17 m wide by 36 m long
- Height from flat floor to ceiling is 9.1 m
- Square metres: 527 m² (approximately, including Flat Floor Pavilion)
- Use of the bays adds 400 m² to the space
- There is a bay area either side of the Main Pavilion that is 8 m wide and runs the entire length of the Pavilion
Staffing and Special Requirements
All Meat Market staff have a minimum 4 hour call out. Penalty rates apply for crew calls after midnight, exceeding 9 hour calls and hours worked on Sundays and public holidays.
- A Technical Supervisor is required to oversee bump in and bump out.
- Technical crew are available and are likely to be required. This requirement will be reviewed and agreed in consultation with Meat Market’s management team.
- Operators are available to run your lighting and AV and are required if using Meat Market equipment. If using Meat Market equipment, a system technician will be required for the tech run and event call if an operator is not booked.
- A Venue Supervisor is required for all hours that the building is open to the public.
- Evening and weekend access to the venue will also require a Venue Supervisor.
- The venue operates with a strictly enforced 11pm curfew. At 11pm house lights are turned on and all amplified sound must stop.
An exact quote is generated following an in-depth discussion around the technical requirements of your event. Your final quote will comprise of venue hire, staff and cleaning. See Staffing and Special Requirements above for additional information. Please note that all quotes are specific to your event.
Cleaning is charged per pavilion, per day. An onsite cleaner can be arranged if required. Additional waste collection can be arranged and is charged as quoted by our supplier.
|Corporate function or reception||NA||$2,817||$15,821|
|Corporate bump-in or bump-out||$845||$1,406||$7,910|
|Performance or function||NA||$1,720||$7,081|
|Rehearsal, meeting or exhibition||$283||$479||$1,926|
Funded Not-for-Profit Organisations
|Performance, function or reception||NA||$1,205||$4,810|
|Rehearsal, meeting or exhibition||$191||$319||$1,257|
Independent and Unfunded Organisations, Council Programs and Tenants
|Performance, function or reception||NA||$860||$3,456|
|Rehearsal, meeting or exhibition||$144||$237||$934|
Items listed as ‘available upon arrangement’ may attract additional labour charges. Your requirements will be discussed in your initial consultation with the Presenter Services Coordinator. Costs will be determined and discussed prior to your official quote being generated.
- 600 people for cocktail
- 300 people in theatre format
- 400-500 people with seating bank