FLAT FLOOR PAVILION
Meat Market’s Main Pavilion is a versatile and adaptable event space and performing arts space. With an exquisite interior echoing the venue’s historic significance, the Main Pavilion can be divided into two zones or used as a large event space - with the inclusion of the Cobblestone Pavilion - to accommodate up to 850 people. For flexible venue hire in Melbourne, contact Meat Market.
Flexible and versatile
An elegant and open event space, the Flat Floor side of the Pavilion can be configured for cocktail functions, sit down meals, theatre productions, performances and more. Accommodating up to 450 people, the venue for hire features natural light with blackout capabilities, has seven lighting bars over a flat sprung floor, three phase power and climate control.
Creative and corporate
Able to accommodate both creative and corporate events, the Flat Floor Pavilion is an ideal performing arts space and corporate venue for hire. With no pillars throughout the space and a captivating barrel vaulted ceiling, the space provides the perfect backdrop for any event. Frequently used for dance, music, markets, fairs, theatre, conferences, meetings and dinners, the flexible floorplan allows you to exercise creative direction over the space.
Flat Floor Pavilion Features Include
- Good natural light
- Blackout blinds
- Full wiring infrastructure for lights and sound
- 3 phase, 240 volts and clean audio power
- 7 lighting bars above the flat floor area (maximum weight of each lighting truss is 200kg)
- Climate control
- No pillars
- Access to kitchen with commercial oven, glass washer, freezer and two fridges (no cutlery, crockery or linen). Please note, kitchen usage will incur additional charges
Facilities Available on Arrangement - May Incur Additional Charges
- Seating bank or rostra (estimated cost $1700)
- Tarkett flooring
- PA and lectern
- An urn (no cutlery, crockery or linen available)
- Electronic whiteboard
- Audiovisual equipment including projector, microphones and lighting
- Individual chairs
- Round or trestle tables
- 17 m wide by 38 m deep by 5.6 m high (to lighting bars)
- Bays are unavailable for use
- Height from flat floor to ceiling is 9.1m
- Square metres: 646 m² (approximately)
Staffing and Special Requirements
All Meat Market staff have a minimum 4 hour call out. Penalty rates apply for crew calls after midnight, exceeding 9 hour calls and hours worked on Sundays and public holidays.
- A Technical Supervisor is required to oversee bump in and bump out.
- Technical crew are available and are likely to be required. This requirement will be reviewed and agreed in consultation with Meat Market’s management team.
- Operators are available to run your lighting and AV and are required if using Meat Market equipment. If using Meat Market equipment, a system technician will be required for the tech run and event call if an operator is not booked.
- A Venue Supervisor is required for all hours that the building is open to the public.
- Evening and weekend access to the venue will also require a Venue Supervisor.
- The venue operates with a strictly enforced 11pm curfew. At 11pm house lights are turned on and all amplified sound must stop.
An exact quote is generated following an in-depth discussion around the technical requirements of your event. Your final quote will comprise of venue hire, staff and cleaning. See Staffing and Special Requirements above for additional information. Please note that all quotes are specific to your event.
Cleaning is charged per pavilion, per day. An onsite cleaner can be arranged if required. Additional waste collection can be arranged and is charged as quoted by our supplier.
|Corporate function or reception||NA||$2,817||
|Corporate bump-in or bump-out||$845||$1,406||$7,910|
|Performance or function||NA||$1,720||$7,081|
|Rehearsal, meeting or exhibition||$283||$479||$1,926|
Funded Not-for-Profit Organisations
|Performance, function or reception||NA||$1,205||$4,810|
|Rehearsal, meeting or exhibition||$191||$319||$1,257|
Independent and Unfunded Organisations, Council Programs and Tenants
|Performance, function or reception||NA||$860||$3,456|
|Rehearsal, meeting or exhibition||$144||$237||$934|
Items listed as ‘available upon arrangement’ may attract additional labour charges. Your requirements will be discussed in your initial consultation with the Presenter Services Coordinator. Costs will be determined and discussed prior to your official quote being generated.
- 450 people for cocktail
- 370-400 for a sit down meal
- 300 people in theatre format
- 400-500 people with seating bank